The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Skopje is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic, commercial and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking for a Housekeeper for the Ambassador’s residence.
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking and trustworthy professional to join the British Embassy in the position of Deputy Residence Manager/Housekeeper.
The jobholder will work closely with the Residence Manager and HM Ambassador in maintaining all aspects of the Residence, supporting official entertaining, cleaning duties and other household tasks as assigned.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and trustworthy person to join a friendly, professional and welcoming team at the British Embassy in support of diplomatic work. We are an inclusive employer and actively support equality of opportunity at work and have an excellent programme of learning and development.
If you love working as part of a team, are motivated to work in a unique and fast-paced environment, and take pride in maintaining a household to a very high standard, we encourage you to apply.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure effective delivery and maintenance of residence property and services, including regular residence update of inventories.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and presentation at all times.
- Liaise with the Corporate Services Team to ensure maintenance support to the HMA Residence.
- Liaise with the security guards and security team to ensure effective security of the Residence.
- Responsible for assistance and delivery of official events at the Residence, in close consultation with the HM Ambassador.
- Co-ordinate arrangements for all official visitors staying at the Residence.
- Arrange services with local vendors such as florists, dry cleaners and tailors.
- General regular cleaning of Residence and laundry.
- Specific cleaning (Silver, Antique, work of arts).
- Manage cleaning supplies in coordination with Corporate Services Team.
- Occasional assistance to the cook in the preparation of food during official events and cleaning up at the end of the event.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Good command of English at a B level (according to CEFR Framework *)
- At least two years of previous experience in housekeeping, preferably in an international environment;
- Able to work effectively and supportively with colleagues, both individually and in a team;
- Responsive to customer needs and able to treat others with respect and courtesy regardless of work pressures;
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly;
- Dedicated and careful;
- Able to act with discretion at all times;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Able to use different tools and chemicals in cleaning process, following H&S regulations.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous relevant working experience in an international standard hotel, diplomatic residence or equivalent;
- Experience in maintaining inventories;
- Driving license.
- Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
10 May 2023
Type of Position
Full-time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Working hours per week
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Republic of North Macedonia
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
1 June 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- This is a full-time contract until the 1st June 2024, with the possibility of extension.
- The British Embassy has an active learning and development culture and there will be opportunities for informal training and shadowing.
- The expected start date is 1st June 2023.
- The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance.
- Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Skopje are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local (Republic of North Macedonia) employment law.
- All applicants should have the right to live and work in the Republic of North Macedonia. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
- Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Republic of North Macedonia and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
*Please note, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Residence Housekeeper (MKD23.214) – FCO Local Posts (tal.net)
Детали за огласот
- Место: Македонија
- Истекува на: 03.06.2023